Monday, March 26, 2012

Pencils

I had this really interesting idea today, and I wanted to put it up here before I forgot it, so that's why I'm posting twice today.

It feels like a lot of people live life with a pencil in their hand. They write lightly and are always ready to erase their mistakes. Some people think that they are doing the best thing by doing that, however, I disagree. Everyone should live with a pen, or even a great, big marker in their hand. Pencils are built for failure, why else would they come with an eraser, something to remove failures. So these people with pencils expect to fail, and are ready to hide their mistakes with the handy erasers on the end of their pencils. I want everyone to live with a pen. If you mess up, own it. No one will ever mess it up quite like you did, and you might even get the same results as those who hid their mistakes and did it another way. Pens have no choice but to write darkly, so everyone else will be able to clearly see what you've done. Be proud of every moment of your life, it's the only one you get, why not live it gloriously? When you leave, blind everyone around you with your brilliance.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this thought. Everyone is so afraid of messing up their life (myself included) that they are afraid to make mistakes.

    ReplyDelete